2022 - 2023 Youth Basketball
- Boy's Season - Registration is open. Online registration deadline is December 23, 2022. After that date register over the phone or in person.
- Girl's Season - 2022 season closed - Next season will open May 2023.
The City of Grand Junction's basketball program focuses on fundamentals, sportsmanship, and on-court basketball skills that our youth players will learn this season.
- Youth Basketball is offered every fall for girls 2nd-6th grade, and winter for boys 2nd-8th grade.
- The 1st grade coed program runs in the girl's and boy's leagues.
For more information or questions on our basketball programs, contact us at 970-254-3866.
Registering with a Coach Request
Did you love your coach from last year? Here's how to register on their team!
- Register by the registration deadline.
- Make a coaches request or a player/carpool request and tell us which one is more important (you may not get both!)
- Teams in each grade are limited to a maximum number of players. Once a team reaches its limit, teams are full. Requests will be taken on a first come, first served basis based on the time the registration was received.
- Registrations are not guaranteed any requests. This includes coach requests, player/carpool requests, and event school location requests. The earlier you register the more likely we will be able to accommodate your request.
- Pick your grade, girls/boys or 1st grade coed.
- View the information below for a detailed list of dates, schedules, questions, and information.
- Get registered early to make sure coach/player/carpool requests are approved as well as to avoid late fees.
Coaching Youth Basketball
We can't do it without you!
- Plain and simple, it's an awesome experience to have with your basketball star!
- You are likely already attending the games and practices.
- We need you! This program is only possible with volunteer coaches! Plus, we offer you age appropriate drills, guidance along the way, and head coaches will receive a $10 coupon for a future registration.
Note: All Youth Basketball Volunteer Coaches must:
- Pass a background check
- Watch and complete the required Coaches Training Video prior to the start of season.
- Attend a Coaches meeting
- Complete Concussion training