Round Up for Recreation

Circle with two R's with a yellow star and Round Up For Recreation beneathThe City of Grand Junction Parks and Recreation department has set up a scholarship fund to make fee-based recreation programs accessible to the Grand Valley youth who reside in financially constrained households.

The funding is received through the City of Grand Junction Utility's voluntary Round-Up program, which allows customers to round up their utility bills to the next dollar or make set monthly contributions.

Why We Need Your Help!

Parks and Recreation program scholarships have been available for over two decades thanks to the support from the community and the City of Grand Junction. These scholarships make participation possible in important recreation programs such as swimming lessons, summer camps, athletics, and other programs that provide life skills.

As the economy has struggled to recover, the youth program scholarship fund has seen a decline in grants and City of Grand Junction funds that have been used to support the program for years. The decline in funding has resulted in a 40% reduction in the number of youths served. Your one-time, or on-going donation will help us make a difference in the life of a child and keep the scholarship program intact for many years to come.

  • A $10 donation will help a child learn critical lifesaving skills in swim lessons.
  • An $11 donation will help a child participate in youth basketball, a team and skill-based program for 2nd through 6th grade boys and girls.
  • An $18 donation will help a child participate in a week of STARS or SCORE camp.


Making a Donation Pledge

Donations may be made by participating in the City of Grand Junction Utility's Round Up program. When enrolling into the program, City utility customers will identify the amount and manner of their contribution:

  • Round-up their monthly bill to the nearest dollar
  • Defined contribution amount (i.e.: $1, $5, or $10) that will be added to your bill each month
  • One-time contribution of set amount to be added to your bill the following billing month

If you do not receive a utility bill from the City of Grand Junction but would like to donate, please contact the Parks and Recreation Department at 970-254-3866. Lump sum donations are also accepted at the Parks and Recreation main office, located at 1340 Gunnison Avenue.