Special Event Permits

These permits are for events that will take place within public streets or on other City-owned property other than City Parks. Please fill out and submit the Special Event Permit Form and submit, along with the processing fee. Please call 970-244-1491 if you need assistance with the permitting process.

Depending on the nature of your proposed Special Event, other City permits may be required in addition to, or in lieu of, the Special Event Permit.


If your event will include serving or selling alcohol (PDF), please contact the City Clerk's office at 970-244-1510.

Block Parties

If you are planning a block party, please visit the Neighborhood Program and contact the Community Development department at 970-244-1430.

Downtown Area

If your event will take place within the downtown area, the Special Event Permit will be processed by the Business Improvement District. Please contact the Downtown Event Coordinator at 970-255-4923.


If your event will include public fireworks displays, please contact the Grand Junction Fire Department at 970-244-1400.

Parks / Trails

If your event will include the use of a public park or trails (e.g. Riverfront trails), please contact the Grand Junction Parks and Recreation Department at 970-254-3841.