Reduced Pressure Backflow Assembly (RPBA)
- Only one RPBA is required to serve the whole system; control valves can be located downstream of (after) the RPBA.
- RPBAs must be installed a minimum of 12 inches above ground level.
- RPBAs must be tested by a state certified backflow preventer tester at the time of installation, annually, and when moved or repaired.
- In an RPBA-equipped system, fertilizer and other agricultural chemicals may be introduced downstream of (after) the RPBA.
- Basement installations are all right as long as proper drainage and high water alarms exist.