Parking Permits & Information
The City of Grand Junction has ample parking for its downtown patrons with over 1,100 meters (map of all downtown parking meters (PDF)), 180 time-limited parking spaces and the parking garage located in the 400 block of Rood Avenue. The parking garage has 434 parking spaces; 168 of those spaces are available for short-term/daily public parking, and the remaining spaces are being used for long-term leased parking. If you are interested in leased parking, please email parking. A map of downtown pickup zones can be found here.
Parking Meter Rates
- Short-Term Meters (2 to 4 Hours): and Garage Main Floor: $0.75 per hour
- Long-Term Meters (10 Hours): $0.10 or $0.25 per hour: see map for location
Parking Garage Rates
- Short-Term Lease (Month-to-Month)
- Surface Spaces: $15 per month
- Covered Spaces: $65 per month
Parking Violation Payments
We offer online payments for Parking Violations.
Downtown Employee Parking Permits
We have moved to a new online portal and digital permit system that allows for increased functionality and management of your Grand Junction Downtown Employee Parking Permit. You will no longer need a physical permit.
When your current permit expires, you will need to use the new system to register. Please follow these simple steps to manage/purchase your digital permit:
- Go to our Online Parking Permits website
- Create an account with your email address or phone number
- Select a permit type, fill in vehicle information, and add your payment details.
- Enjoy parking with no physical permit. Enforcement will be able to confirm your permit is valid.
Permits are $25 per month and can only be used at 10-hour parking meters (excluding the parking lot at 5th and Grand Avenue behind the Methodist Church).
Park Smart Cards
The Park Smart cards are pre-paid parking cards that you can use in the pay stations in the garage or the newly upgraded meters. You can purchase the card and/or find out more information by visiting Municipal Court in City Hall (corner of 5th and Rood) or by calling 970-244-1537.
Parking rates are enforced Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Parking is free in the evenings and on the weekends.