Student and Volunteer Opportunities
The City of Grand Junction offers exciting opportunities for high school and college students looking to gain hands-on experience in their field of interest. For current intern/part-time seasonal positions, please visit the Job Opportunities page. To create your own position, read the following directions.
Create Your Own Part-Time Seasonal Opportunity
If you feel passionate about a professional growth opportunity within a government organization, submit an Intern/Part-Time Seasonal Proposal to the Human Resource Department. We will review each proposal carefully; however, we cannot guarantee a position.
Part-Time Seasonal Proposal Guidelines
In order to be considered for an intern/part-time seasonal position, you must be a Junior or Senior student currently attending Colorado Mesa University or Western Colorado Community College, or a student at Mesa County Valley School District 51. Please submit a resume and letter of interest addressing the following:
- The department(s) and type of position(s) desired
- Your future career goals and how you plan on reaching them
- How a position with the City will further your career or education
- How your current skills and/or education will be an asset to the department
Email your proposal to Human Resources.
Help make our community a better place to live by volunteering. The City of Grand Junction offers volunteer opportunities that benefit both the volunteer and our community. Volunteers provide expertise, time, energy and experience to projects, programs and tasks.
The City of Grand Junction seeks to:
- Offer ways to make a meaningful contribution to the operations of the City.
- Develop and nurture an effective volunteer base.
- Provide volunteers with a positive and pleasant experience.
- Build community awareness of the operations of City government.
- Develop closer ties to the community served.
See volunteer opportunities on our Volunteer Opportunities page.