On September 16, 2018, City Council adopted Ordinance No. 4813 (PDF) for the operation of short-term rentals. Any property owner intending to operate a short-term rental within the City of Grand Junction must register with the City of Grand Junction on an annual basis and comply with the following City of Grand Junction regulations:
Application and Fees
In an effort to implement regulations related to guest safety and community impact in Grand Junction, the Community Development Department has created a process by which short-term rentals will be permitted.
The application fee for a short-term rental permit is $160 and is due at the time of application. The fee is paid per property being registered as a short-term rental.
Short-term rental permits shall be renewed every year and short-term rental operators shall pay an annual $150 permit renewal fee. Permit renewals will be open until January 31, 2022 at 11:59 p.m.
Please note this external website is not optimized for Internet Explorer. For best results, please use other web browsers (i.e. Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge).
The following resources will take you to additional forms and information related to the permitting process for short-term rentals inside Grand Junction city limits:
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Maps (use the Development Map to view zoning information)
- Property Owner Consent Form (PDF)
- Sample Site Plan - Entire House (PDF)
- Sample Site Plan - Full Accessory Dwelling Unit (PDF)
- Sample Site Plan - Room for Rent (PDF)
- Short-Term Rental Best Practices (PDF)
- Short-Term Rental Instructions and Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)